Wednesday, May 20, 2026 English edition
Indi Vox News Indi Vox News

Every Voice Matters

World

Trump was ready to launch a full-scale attack on Iran, but one crucial reason forced him to step back.

May 19, 2026 Source: Indivox News

Trump was ready to launch a full-scale attack on Iran, but one crucial reason forced him to step back.
US President Donald Trump has claimed that a major American military strike on Iran was just hours away but was suddenly canceled after requests from key Gulf nations. According to Trump, leaders from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates urged him to stop the operation because sensitive negotiations with Iran were still ongoing. In a post shared on his social media platform, Trump said the planned attack was scheduled for Tuesday. He explained that he decided to pause military action to give diplomacy another chance. However, he also warned that the United States remains fully prepared to launch a large-scale offensive if talks fail or if Iran refuses to meet American demands regarding its nuclear program. For several weeks, Trump has repeatedly threatened that the fragile ceasefire reached in mid-April could collapse if Iran did not compromise. He stated that the US military has already been instructed to remain on high alert and be ready for immediate action. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, Joint Chiefs Chairman General Daniel Kane, and top military officials were reportedly told to stay prepared for a possible escalation. Although Trump had not publicly confirmed any specific attack date earlier, his recent statements suggested that patience with Iran was running out. His latest remarks have increased global concern about tensions in the Middle East and the possibility of another major conflict in the region. Meanwhile, Iran responded strongly to Trump’s warnings. A senior Iranian military commander cautioned the United States against making “strategic mistakes” and accused Washington of miscalculating the situation. Iranian leaders continue to insist that the country will defend itself if attacked. Just hours after revealing that the military strike had been halted, Trump also expressed optimism about diplomacy. He said there is now a “very good chance” that a new agreement can be reached to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons. The sudden decision to stop the attack highlights the fragile balance between diplomacy and military action in the ongoing US-Iran conflict. While negotiations appear to be continuing for now, tensions remain extremely high, and the possibility of renewed confrontation has not been ruled out.